Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Customer Service

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal in Melbourne, Australia was one of my best restaurant experiences. This restaurant acquires a three month earlier booking reservation in order to get a seat. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal is a Michelin Star restaurant located in the Crown Towers Hotel in Melbourne. I went to this restaurant about six months ago and it was an amazing encounter. Heston Blumenthal is a british celebrity chef that also owns the extraordinary three star Michelin restaurant known as 'The Fat Duck'. He was also the judge in Australia's Masterchef.

The service in Dinner by Heston Blumenthal was great, although I expected better. Even though they were skilled and professional, the staff were not that friendly and would judge you with the choices you order like if you are ordering any alcoholic beverages or how many dishes you are going to order. They would only recommend the most expensive dishes on the menu as well as make their money on trying to get customers to order wine. 

Despite their unfriendly attitude, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal had glorious dishes. The food was phenomenal and they all came on time. Like I said, the service was good because as a server they did all the professional things correct, but I prefer a much friendlier staff. It could also just be that one waiter that attended me, but overall it was an enjoyable experience. I spent about $500 in Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and I would definitely come again to experience the flavoursome food.

No comments:

Post a Comment