Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Week 1 BOC: My Voice

I am a Culinary Management student in the Bachelor's Degree. I have graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Australia, with a certificate III and a diploma in Cuisine. When I think of culinary, I think of art. The way a certain dish is presented is a form of a sculpture or a painting on a canvas which is there to represent the skills of the artist as well as providing strong interaction between the creator and the customer. Quality, service, and passion is what any customer desires when they walk into a restaurant. They need to feel special and they always need to be treated with respect and service. That is what defines hospitality, and without customers, there is no business. As a chef, quality ingredients, the skills I apply, and the palette I provide customers with is what matters. When the atmosphere, the food and the service is spectacular, you are creating a reason for the customer to come back. Studying at Le Cordon Bleu for 2 years, I have learnt and experienced what defines a chef. However, the only way you are able to encounter what the real life experience is at the back of the kitchen, you need to work. Having working at The Fullerton Bay Hotel in Singapore, Ippudo Ramen in Sydney, and Jamie Oliver's restaurant, I finally know what its like to experience a real kitchen service. It's a whole other world.

No comments:

Post a Comment